Limited Capacity & Social Distancing
Pensacola Ice Flyers Limited Capacity & Social Distancing
The health and safety of the entire Ice Flyers Family, including our players, staff and fans, remains our highest priority. In conjunction with the Escambia County, City of Pensacola, our Arena’s management team ASM Global, and local health officials, we are working diligently to ensure that protocols are put in place to create a safe and healthy environment for when the pucks drops for the 2020-21 Ice Flyers season.
We ask all fans to follow and respect these protocols at all times while attending Ice Flyers games. Together, we can get through this season, but only together will we get though this season.
We advise and kindly ask the cooperation of fans to not attend an Ice Flyers game if they have been exposed to or show symptoms of COVID-19. Should any fan develop symptoms during a game, we ask that they leave the game immediately.
While we have tremendous local support, the Ice Flyers will open the season with a limited seating capacity. The following is a general listing of the safety measures that have been put in place:
- A reduced capacity plan of the seating sections will be in effect for each game.
- To maintain distancing, each seating pod has empty seats placed around them, which also allows for safer travel in and out of the seating rows.
- Face coverings are required to enter the Bay Center and are to fully cover the nose and mouth. While walking around, they must also be worn. When fans are in their seats with their group and are socially distanced from other fans, we highly recommend face coverings be worn. If fans are eating and/or drinking, then they can take their face coverings off at that time as well. When fans are finished eating and drinking, we strongly encourage putting their face coverings back on. We ask that you return to the seats before eating and drinking, instead of in the common areas.
- Upon completion of security screening, guests will have their tickets scanned by event staff. Fans will have the option to purchase their tickets online and access their tickets on their phones to be scanned.
- Fans are strongly encouraged to practice social distancing at all times, remain six feet apart while traveling in the concourse as well as while standing in lines at the concession stands, restrooms, merchandise stands, Shirt Off His Back selling tables, Chuck A Puck selling tables and any other location throughout the arena. Avoid overcrowding at all times.
- Fans are also encouraged to use the ramps and seating aisles while traveling throughout the arena. Elevators primary use will be for ADA & limited mobility travel between levels.
- All food areas, concession stands, bathrooms, water drinking stations will be thoroughly cleaned. All food services will follow proper restaurant cleaning and safety standards.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available throughout the arena.
- All team/arena staff, players, coaches, medical staff and on-ice officials will also be properly screened with safety protocols upon entering the arena, including temperature checks.
- Player locker room areas will be closed and become a “bubble” on gamedays.
The Pensacola Ice Flyers, the Southern Professional Hockey League and ASM Global have taken serious strides and implemented significant safety measures with their respective protocols to provide the gulf coast with Ice Flyers hockey for the 2020-21 season. These protocols include substantial adjustments in business and game operations.
With limited capacity crowds expected this season, the best way to ensure your seat to games is by purchasing an Ice Flyers Season Ticket package. Click HERE for more season ticket information.
We are all looking forward to resuming normal activities and full capacity crowds at Ice Flyers games. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation. We wish for everyone to remain safe and follow all CDC guidelines.